If you can get the exact same engine I'd do it. It will minimize issues with the engine stringers and mounts, and alignment. I'm assuming you were happy with your existing engine (when it was working.)

I replaced my Perkins 4-108, which in my opinion had no business being on this boat, and it was a year long project. So minimizing hassles is important.

And just to make you feel better: <http://www.wbryant.com/StellaBoat/Projects/repower/index.htm>

Wal

you wrote:
Anyone have any advice, experience or comments with any of these options. If it
were you, what would you do?