I had Dan Wood at Canvas Creations jn Annapolis make a custom dodger for my
37+.  The real selling point for me was the hardtop made from Starboard and
the hard "glass" which facilitated some creative engineering around the
myriad of lines running aft and the port and stbd window hatches.  He
worked with me to even engineer an awning which folds under the hardtop and
then extends further aft of the dodger by about 12 inches (We could have
made the dodger longer but head room was an issue.)  The Starboard also
allowed for a brow which extended forward of the windshield.  Since the
shape of the dodger wasn't dependent on the shape of the frame (such as in
the case of a fabric dodger) we could ensure that the winch handles weren't
going to interfere.  The whole project was an exercise in compromise.

Pictures available upon request and availability.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD