Yup, bog, same stuff, and I think it's the more common slang.  By dad and his
buddies called it that at the Ontario boatbuilders coop back in the 80s, cow
flap is how Bristol marine described it to me recently.   Blobs attaching the
liner to the hull in my 33ii meet that description.
  I recently removed all of this stuff from my 33ii keel stub and it was damp
throughout and cracked.  Still intact/strong enough though.  No hyd back stay.
When looking to purchase this boat I saw many with hydraulic back stays that
had buckled/rippled  top sides near the chain plates. (Or equivalent).
Sometimes subtle, sometimes not.  Never once have I seen this noted on a survey.

Dave

> ... Talc - cheap-ass filler used in bondo and 'cow flap' polyester used in
> our c&cs.

Is "cow flap" polyester the same orange, hard filler used by Bruckmann's in the
early 70's?  I have heard it called "bog".

Sent from my iPhone