I have a very cheap very compact Husky socket set in a plastic holder that has
a short 1/4 - 3/8 driver, a stubby adjustable, and a driver with various bits.
I keep it handy for when I just need to do something quick. I replace it every
now and then. If I have a real project, I get out my real tools. I carry far
more than I really should in the way of tools and spares but that's just force
of habit from being in some out of the way places where you have to rely on
your own resources. Like mid ocean.

Andy
C&C 40
Peregrine