Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 13:54:01 -0600
From: "Dennis C." <capt...@gmail.com>
To: CnClist <CnC-List@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Stus-List Boat tools

Time for a discussion on our favorite boat tools????  Aside from the usual
collection of wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers and locking pliers, what do
you find indispensable for boat work?

Dave said:  "For cutting consider an oscillating tool like a Fein, with a
circular bimetal blade.   (where has this thing been all my life???)
This is the boat repair guy's friend, second only to the angle grinder...."

Yep, a vibrating saw is a valuable tool.  I have the Dremel MultiMax corded
(the cordless ones don't have the oomph to get the job done).  Can't beat
it for making plunge cuts and flush cuts.  Also use it with a flexible
caulk removal blade for removing ports, hardware, etc. that is sealed with
silicone, polyurethane, polysulfide, etc.

However, my favorite all around go to tool is this:  <
http://www.amazon.com/GearWrench-85035-35-MicroDriver-Set/dp/B0062FSAVI>

For hose clamps, it's a 5/16" nut driver.  Can't imagine why anyone uses a
screwdriver on a hose clamp if they have a nut driver.