Hello again Fred,

Kind words indeed and thank you. I did work for many years at Edson and the
company as a whole has a wonderful philosophy towards service relations,
probably because the company is comprised of enthusiasts that genuinely like
their customers and share their passion towards boats .

Several years ago I accepted a new position in product development and
marketing for Novabraid ropes so if I can ever be helpful with running rigging
questions or concerns, feel free to hit me up.  Regrettably, I don’t have the
extensive data base available for C&C Yachts for running rigging as I did with
Edson steering gear, but those resources are available on a variety of sites or
can be gleaned from the rig dimensions.   I can certainly help with rope
applications, whether from my product assortment or from the wide array of
quality lines on the market today from a variety of manufacturers.

I’m lucky in that the boat I’m purchasing is for the most part, un-molested and
stock.  This one is sort of a “barn find” that is just coming out of
hibernation…  Let’s just see if that vintage Raytheon 1200 radar (looks like it
came off the USS Missouri) or the Magellan Loran C (GPS compatible!) can earn
their keep at the nav station!

So as all the systems come alive, (please let there be no critters, living or
dead, inhabiting the storage areas..) there will be questions.   Never owning a
boat with this much plumbing, hoses, wires, and switches,  I’m sure my name
will crop up numerous times in the “Dazed and Confused” thread of this list and
I thank you all for sharing your opinions and advice.  And I wish you all a
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Best regards,

Chuck Gilchrest

S/V Half Magic