Mine is a Beckson "rain drain" opening port:
http://www.beckson.com/opening.html

It has "Beckson pat no 4095640" stamped on it (patent number) and is
approximately 14" x 3.75" interior dimensions.
I'm assuming you're talking about the cockpit window to port of the
companionway entrance, in the mostly-vertical area left of the original
depth/speed displays.

-Patrick
1984 C&C 38 Landfall