Thanks for the reply.  I did a little research and it looks like the rudder is
hollow with the exception of a wood block at the top of the rudder.  I called
West System Epoxy this morning.   I'll need to use a Dremel tool and grind out
a channel where the crack is and fill with epoxy.

Thanks a lot.

Mark

Mark McMenamy
C&C 25 "Icicle"
Fort Pierce FL

On Feb 29, 2016, at 10:04 PM, Josh Muckley via CnC-List

I think you'll be fine with moving the boat.

The trouble with rudders is that you need to thoroughly dry them out and that
is the biggest challenge.  With the season approaching quick I would wait till
the end of the season.  Depending on how you choose to dry it, it may take
quite a bit of time.  Remember, most boats have some amount of wellness in the
rudder.

I paid a hefty price for someone to rebuild my rudder.  He took a bunch of
pictures showing the whole process.  Check them out here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8pEh5lnvP1yVUdWUDNxVGFUcDA

My rudder is considerably larger than yours and may be constructed different
too.  Good luck.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+