Bill — I’m in the process of rewiring my mast and replacing all the mast
lighting; I’m replacing the steaming/deck combo light with this LED fixture
from MarineBeam:

https://store.marinebeam.com/led-masthead-foredeck-combination-light/
<https://store.marinebeam.com/led-masthead-foredeck-combination-light/>

They just started shipping these; as a fully-sealed fixture, there shouldn’t be
any corrosion issues, ever.  I’m also installing their combo masthead
tricolor/anchor light:

https://store.marinebeam.com/led-tri-color-navigation-and-all-around-anchor-light/

<https://store.marinebeam.com/led-tri-color-navigation-and-all-around-anchor-light/>

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis

> On Apr 4, 2016, at 9:18 AM, Bill Coleman via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> Interesting, well, I am replacing a Perko# 120MD  because Perko  decided to
> use plain steel for their light sockets and is corroded beyond repair. This
> Aquasignal Series 25 looks just like the Perko steaming/Deck light, whatever
> they want to call it, so I am going to call it a Steaming/Deck Light. Except
> that, now I see this particular one is not on sale during the Warehouse sale.
> Being a Sailor, and chronically cheap, now this presents another problem. . .
> . .
>
> As they call this a masthead light, does this mean it is supposed to be at
> the very top of the mast? Mine is just above the baby stay, and is caused
> chafing on my Genoa. I have never seen a steaming /Deck light anywhere other
> than half way up the mast, does anyone have any feeling on this? BTW, the
> reason it is above the baby stay, is because I put track on the mast front
> for storing the Spinnaker Pole.

greatly appreciated!