Lorne, the Lewmar hatches have a "vent mode", you can close them partially and
lock them that way as well. In vent mode you will have just a bit under a 1/2''
gap, no water gets in unless its raining sideways!

      From: Lorne Serpa via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Lorne Serpa <lorne.se...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Monday, May 9, 2016 10:49 AM
 Subject: Stus-List Vent recommendations 30MkII

The 1988 C&C 30MkII has 4 opening Lewmar hatches; two in the cabin, one in 1/4
berth, and one in the bathroom.  My boat is 2000 miles away and cannot verify
it though.  I just bought it.I would like to install solar vents to move air
and control humidity.Where should I put them?  Here are my thoughts.One in the
bathroom due to showers and higher water use.  One in the /14 berth to keep the
temps cool and fresh air supply.  And, finally one in the cabin.  I think I
need to avoid the large port over the V-berth due to water intrusion while
sailing to weather, noise over the berth while sleeping, and finally, perhaps I
might on occasion cover the port for darkness while sleeping and the vent would
be covered.Anyone know what size vent is needed as I don't know the Lewmar
hatch dimensions or material (Plexiglas?).Anyone have a better recommendation
on the quantity and locations?Thanks.

greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!