From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Stevan
Plavsa via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 9:39 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Stevan Plavsa <stevanpla...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Battery Posts

Hi All. I thought I had found what I needed locally and after emailing the
business twice to ensure it was in stock before making the drive (and I was
assured it was in stock) - it wasn't. He had a pair of used ones on hand and
gave them to me to make up for the error. I asked to make sure they fit the
trojans and so he screwed them onto a battery he had there (same guy I
purchased my batteries from) and I thought I was good to go.

When I got to the boat, 1.5 hours away .. I discovered that one of them was
stripped. I was FURIOUS. He literally screwed them into a batter while I stood
and watched so he KNEW that one was stripped. Why he went ahead and wasted my
time knowing that he was wasting my time is just beyond me.

I had to summarize the engine one way or the other so I wrapped some tin foil
around the stud to get the stripped adapter to stay on. Sketchy. I'm willing to
use some conductive epoxy at this point to make it a permanent thing but I
would rather not. I also don't know which epoxy to use for such a thing. I'm
all ears though I want this done with.

Anyway, I'm still at a loss where to buy this. All the online places I could
find are in the states and want over 20 USD for shipping, which in and of
itself isn't the worst thing .. but they are using Fed Ex and UPS so it'll be
20 USD to ship and another *surprise* amount at the door. I can't stomach that,
on principle if nothing else. The adapters are typically $5 a pair.

Canadian Tire does not have these, I checked two stores. Napa doesn't have it!
They have the 3/8 flavour. I need 5/16.

Again, this is what I am after:
https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/en/product/STUD-TOP-POST-FEMALE-1PR-PK/_/R-GRO82-9130

Any push in the right direction would be much appreciated. Crimping new battery
cables isn't out of the question but I don't have the tool and removing the
battery cables is a LOT of work.

Thanks,
Steve
Suhana, C&C 32