Hi,

Thanks for all the replies, I'll have to wade through some of those links
you guys sent. Regarding the crimping of cables:

The battery cables are routed through the quarter berth, engine
compartment, to the battery switch which is not easily accessible. So, I'll
have to do some boat surgery just to get at the switch in order to
disconnect the battery cables, then remove them from the boat which would
take I estimate, about a day. No kidding. I relearn the lesson of budgeting
time appropriately for boat work every time I think I'm going to get
something done quickly, it's never quick and the list of things that really
need to be done, is long. The past two weeks I worked six days each and
managed to launch the boat, step the mast and get three garden beds in at
the house. I am not a person who has a lot of time on his hands.

I appreciate that you guys are recommending the "right way" to do this, but
I'm comfortable with the adapters. They are threaded, and not going
anywhere - just like the nuts that are recommended. I've always found the
clamp style battery connectors to be secure and that's how the boat has
always been.... for 36 years now. The laws of physics haven't changed
though I appreciate that standards have, and that's fine. One day I'de like
to embark on the rewiring project but that's what it's going to be: a
project, not a "spring prep" task. Ideally, those projects take place in
the off-season so that they don't eat into precious sailing time.

The boat is *1.5 hours away*. That's three hours of driving (on a good day,
traffic around here is hell) just to fetch the cables never mind the amount
of work involved in removing them. Sure, I could buy new ones, but I still
have to remove the old and install the new.

So, I'm looking for the adapters. I'll dig through all the helpful posts
once I have time to breathe.

Thanks,

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32