As has been touched on, in reasonably calm conditions, tow the dinghy so it is
going uphill on the first or second stern wave. That will keep tension on the
tow line. For longer passages or ones where we anticipate rough weather, we
lift onto the foredeck and lash it in place. It's a pain in the...neck, but
ensures we won't have trouble later. As Jonathan suggests, we always take the
outboard off before we leave.

Andy
C&C 40
Peregrine

Andrew Burton
61 W Narragansett
Newport, RI
USA    02840

+401 965-5260

>> We have a hard shell dinghy. How long should the tow line be? We had one
>> incident when it turned over.
>>
>> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you like
>> what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
>> are greatly appreciated!
>
> This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you like
> what we do, please help us pay for our costs by donating. All Contributions
> are greatly appreciated!

greatly appreciated!