Genasun is pretty much the agreed best engineered MPPT controller though
they don't do higher current.  They have varying options for battery
chemistry and wattage.  If genasun is what you use then you'll basically
have to plan on one controller per panel which is great for reliability and
redundancy but may not be so good on your pocket book.  They also don't
have digital volt/amp/watt outputs so you'll probably want to look at
getting one.  Genasun also offers a boost feature which allows a solar
panel that outputs less than the battery voltage to charge the battery.
Otherwise you'll have to ensure the panel voltage is greater than battery
voltage and they won't start/stay charging in the morning or in the evening.

Just to talk numbers for a minute.  My experience is that a 100 watt
monocrystaline flexible panel mounted horizontally at a geographic latitude
of 38° yields a max of 66 watts in the peek summer sun.  I get about 4 or 5
amps peek charge current but only at peek sun.    IIRC I get a cumulative
~900 watt-hours per day.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+