I think you're looking in the right direction. I have one of the Par Max
pumps (not sure which one) and it does a fine job. It runs pretty much
whenever I open a faucet as I don't have an accumulator tank, but that's OK
with me. I know when the pump is running, but it is not obnoxious. I don't
hear it over Led Zeppelin, but do hear it over Brahms.

Andy
C&C 40
Peregrine

--