To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 19:42:14 -0400
Subject: Re: Stus-List Repainting Waterline Stripe...
From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
CC: schil...@bloomingdalecom.net

    Glenn Gambell from the list turned me on to using
      electrical tape to mask the boot strip.  extremely flexible and
      cheap, if there is a Harbour Freight nearby.

      Neil Schiller

      1970 Redwing 35, Hull #7

      (C&C 35, Mark I)

      "Corsair"

    On 9/19/2016 2:44 PM, Andrew Burton via
      CnC-List wrote:

                Yes, tape the stripes then sand up to them. I'd say
                  wet sand with 220 or 320, depending on how much shine
                  you're after. If the tape edge gets messed up, just
                  re-tape it before you paint.

                I'd use awl grip, again. I would call the techs at the
                company and ask if you need to prime over the old awl
                grip. Use a decent brush and paint them one at time so
                you don't lose your "wet edge" and you should be fine.

              Cheers

            Andy

          C&C 40

        Peregrine

        On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 2:37 PM, David
          via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
          wrote:

              Want to freshen up Awlgriped water line
                stripes.

                I assume I need to sand it but do not want to sand the
                topsides or the blue stripe between the two white
                stripes.  I will be taping of course but just sand over
                tape?  Wont the sanding affect the tapes edge and
                therefore the ultimate paint line will be sloppy?

                Paint choice for painting and any other suggestions for
                the job?

                Thanks in advance

                David F. Risch

                1981 40-2

                (401) 419-4650 (cell)

            This list is supported by the generous donations of our
            members. If you like what we do, please help us pay for our
            costs by donating. All Contributions are greatly
            appreciated!

        --

        Andrew
          Burton