Your 5 gallon can reminds me how handy it was at times to have a portapotti
that could be easily emptied in a shore-toilet.
Not sure where you are located but there is a shop in Whitby ON - a
division of MAS plastics - that makes custom poly holding tanks.   In any
case I would make a cardboard mock up before ordering anything.
Ordering and shipping something that bulky across the border would be
killer, twice would be worse.
If you can, have the pump out hose exit from the top, with a length of pipe
reaching to the bottom.  This prevents black water from collecting in the
hose, and moves the fitting/hole to above the (black) waterline.
Not familiar with your boat , but it seems strange you have no deck plate.
IF you are going to cut open any bulkhead, remember to cut the corners with
a large radius to avoid stress concentrations.