Great write up on using the alpine butterfly and soft shackles.
https://stingysailor.com/2015/06/27/diy-soft-shackles-for-quick-and-easy-headsail-changes-2/

I-36 Guide to making a soft shackle
http://l-36.com/soft_shackle_9.php

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

On Dec 11, 2016 5:11 PM, "Chuck Saur via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

Hey gang...snow here and need a diversion.  I'm surfing for deals on line
for my jib (genoa) sheets, and wondered if there is anything new or
improved anyone is doing when tying on the sheets.  I''ve been using the
ol' bowline...but have used the butterfly (I think that's what a loop on a
continuous line is called).  I have heard of using Dyneema...lightweight
shackles...etc.  Anyone have some cool experience/suggestions?

*Chuck Saur*
C&C 35-3 Morning Sky

This list is supported by the generous donations of our members. If you
wish to make a contribution to offset our costs, please go to: