From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Daniel Sheer
via CnC-List
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2016 11:25 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Daniel Sheer
Subject: Stus-List Fastening Jib Sheets

I made soft shackles for Pegathy's jib sheets. They work great. Don't hang up
on the shrouds like bowlines do. I used 3/8 hollow braid high tech line. Used
this technique -

Better Soft Shackle -

 Use the line lengths and mark measurements they compute for you. You could use
smaller than 3/8 line.  Took the better part of an hour to make the first one.
Then I made more for the spin sheets, spin halyard, anything I could think of.
The more you make the less time it takes. Much better than heavy metal. Unless
you like that kind of music.

Dan Sheer - Pegathy LF38 - Rock Creek off the Patapsco

Better Soft Shackle

This soft shackle is more secure and easier to use than the most common version.