From: Thomas Delaney via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Date: 2/12/17  10:27  (GMT-05:00)
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Thomas Delaney <tomcdela...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List New (old) C&C 35 Mk I - Water Ingress

Hello listers,

In December I finalized the purchase of my first keelboat, a C&C 35 Mk I, after
receiving an extremely thorough and detailed list of items to survey from Joe
Della Barba. Joe, thanks again for your help!

The previous owner of the boat was a local racing legend who ran a marina near
Glen Island, NY. He had been giving me advice on readying the boat for her new
life on a mooring after spending the last four decades in a slip adjacent to
his houseboat. Unfortunately, he passed away last weekend.

One of the questions I had yet to broach was the accumulation of water in the
bilge. The boat has been on the hard, shrinkwrapped, for three years. I've been
pumping the bilge dry every two-four weeks, and it seems to be about 2-4
gallons of water as measured by a big plastic bucket. I'm not sure where the
water is coming from. Apart from the bilge, water is pooling in the
forward-most storage compartment under the port settee. My first instinct is to
have a friend on deck hold the screws on the toerails and stanchion bases while
I slightly tighten the nuts below deck and see if the water ingress stops. Does
that make sense? Is there a different, better course of action I should take at
this time? Does anyone know offhand what size socket I'll need?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

---
Snow Goose