Nice work Dennis! Very cool. And that's a good-looking yacht club building.

Cheers,
Randy

----- Original Message -----

From: "Dennis C. via CnC-List" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "CnClist" <CnC-List@cnc-list.com>
Cc: "Dennis" <capt...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 5:48:18 PM
Subject: Stus-List Yacht club weather station

I got a crazy bug a few months ago to install a weather station at my yacht
club, Pontchartrain Yacht Club on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain at
Mandeville, LA. There were no wind stations anywhere close to my club. There
are some wind data/forecasts available through premium wind services or
personal weather stations further inland.

I'm sure some of you might have already done this but for those who haven't
it's really easy to install a weather station, hook it to your club's WiFi and
then link it to Weather Underground's wundermap.com . Once you go live on
wundermap, WU also provides a webpage where you select your weather station and
it builds the HTML code that you can copy and paste into your club's website.
Real time wind data will be available on the website.

I tagged a few of the club racers for some $$$ and bought this station:

http://www.ambientweather.com/amws1000wifi.html

This weekend we installed it on the club flagpole which stands fairly
unobstructed in front of our club on the lakefront. Pics of me and a fellow
member working on the install are here: https://www.facebook.com/PontYC/ (I'm
the idiot without the hat!)

The station communicates via RF to a console which we installed in our bar and
connected to the club WiFi. The race committee can easily look at it for
skippers meetings. Connecting it to the club WiFi and to wundermap.com was easy
and straightforward.

To see our station go here:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KLAMANDE128#history

Scroll down to the neat graphs!