Yes, as they say you get one shot with VHB tape in putting the ports in place.
But this is super easy (and probably better) to do by yourself.

Like any thing else, the trick is preparation.  Before removing the outer film
on the VHB,  align the port where you want it.  Then take some wide masking
tape and tape the port in place with two long strips.  Run the tape vertically
from the middle of the port up into the cabin top, but have the strips located
along the ports at about 1/3 from each end.   The tape acts like top hinges.
Take the time to tweak the final placement, and when ready, swing the port up,
remove film from tape, slowly swing it down and press. Works like a charm.  I
did all 4 of my fixed ports this way.

Here is my write up on installing my new fixed ports:
http://svjohannarose.blogspot.com/search/label/NewPorts

-
Paul E.
1981 C&C 38 Landfall