My "trick" was to attach a couple of small wooden blocks to the getcoat
below the window location and another at the end of the window with regular
double sided tape, to locate the window.  Then I applied the VHB tape to
the cabin top.  I aligned the window against the blocks and pushed it into
place.  Then I remove the blocks.  Worked perfectly.

Gary
S/V Kaylarah
'90 C&C 37+
East Greenwich, RI, USA