From: Jerome Tauber via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Jerome Tauber <jrtau...@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Apr 11, 2017 4:59 pm
Subject: Re: Stus-List Eastern LI Sound / Plum Gut Currents

Ed. Best source is Eldridge.  You are interested in current, not tides.  The
reference for current at Plum Gut is the Race, Long Island Sound.  Plum Gut
runs about an hour earlier but this is reported in Eldridge.  The easiest way
to use it is to use the current diagrams in Eldridge which show current after
slack before flood and ebb for every hour.  This is very helpful for going
through the Gut. You can also get current info from
http://tides.mobilegeographics.com/locations/6433.html or from NOAA
https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/currents12/tab2ac3.html#22. Eldridge is worth
the small investment and the current diagrams are very helpful for entire Long
Island Sound.  Don't confuse tide and current.  They are not always in synch.
Jerry J&J
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 11, 2017, at 3:51 PM, Damian Greene via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>