I bought kayak straps.

NRS 1in Heavy-Duty Buckle Bumper Strap Blue, 9ft
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IAI9N7K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_KFgizbD89HKG1

But you could use ratchet straps too.

Mann Ratchet Tie Downs Straps with S-hooks 1-Inch x 15-Feet 500 Lbs Load
Cap - 1500 Lb Break Strength 2-Pack Set
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AIWGB4I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_jIgizbDPS31AR

I wanted to avoid putting anchor screws in the lower part of my
compartment.  Seems kinda counter productive to epoxy in a box for leak
tightness only to then put holes in it for fasteners.  I bent some flat
aluminum bar stock so that it follows the contours of the inside of the
battery compartment.  The bars are held in place at the top of the
compartment.  My straps are fed perpendicular under the bars and the
batteries sit on top of both.  The straps wrap across the top of the
batteries and meet on the side.

The load requirements are side to side movement of less than an inch and
mounts which can hold 90lbs.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+