It sounds like a symmetrical spinnaker.  The luff and leach are the same
length... In fact they are interchangeable depending on the tack of the
boat.

You'll need a spinnaker pole roughly equal to the "J" length (head stay to
the mast).  The pole is set parallel/in line with the boom, jaws facing up
so that when they are opened the jaw can fall away from the mast ring and
the "guy" can fly up.  The pole will have 2 bridles, one on top, one on
bottom.  Both bridles will be anchored are the pole ends and will have a
ring fixed in the center.  There isn't much need to have the bridles tight
so the rings may ride 12 to 24 inches above/below the pole.  The top bridle
creates a way to lift the pole with a rope that exists the mast about
halfway up and below impediments such as a radar.  This rope is called the
topping tift and is used to hold the pole horizontal.  The bottom bridle is
attached to a rope that attaches to the foredeck directly below.  This rope
is usually lead aft along the toe rail and cleated off.  It is called thw
down haul and is used to prevent the outboard end of the pole from being
lifted up by the spinnaker and "flying away".  The inboard end of the pole
attaches to a ring on a track mounted on the forward face of the mast.
Typically I try to raise the ring to about my height, this lifts the
inboard end of the pole - high but easy to reach.  The topping lift can
then be used to lift and hold the rest of the pole horizontal as mentioned
above.  Both jaws on the pole should have release lines wich extend ~3/4 of
the length and are anchored near the opposite end.  This allows the
operator to open either jaw from nearly any location along the pole.

The out board end of the pole gets the windward spinsheet which until the
next jibe will be called the "guy".  The leeward spinsheet is just call the
sheet.  Both of these lines are typically run through turning blocks near
the aft end of the toe rail which keep the lines lead outside of the life
lines and then fairlead them inside to a secondary winch.  Trimming the guy
means keeping the pole perpendicular to the wind.  Trimming the sheet means
letting it out until the windward sail edge (pole side) begins to curl -
too much curl? - sheet in.  Every time you jibe you will sail dead down
wind ease the guy so that the pole is roughly at a 45° angle.  The sheet
should be roughly matched.  Standing infront of the mast facing forward the
foredeck operator will reach up to the mast ring, pull the jaw release for
the jaw in the ring.  The pole is now supported by and free to pivot about
on the top and bottom bridles.  What was the inboard jaw is now pushed out
towards what was the leeward side of the boat.  The jaw is opened and what
was the sheet is hooked in the jaw.  Next what was the outboard end jaw is
opened releasing what was the guy and that jaw is hooked to the mast ring.
The foredeck operator shouts "MADE!" so that the helm can finish the
maneuver by jibing the mainsail and the crew can trim the spinnaker.  The
old guy is now the sheet and the old sheet is now the guy.  The "leach" and
the "luff" have also swapped.

Some setups include "twings" which are open cheak snatch blocks placed at
the widest part of the toe rail on each side of the boat.  This holds the
guy down and helps prevent the pole from flying in addition to the down
haul.  Early in the jibe (about the same time that the helm is turning dead
down wind) the guy is released from the twing, again windward side = guy.
After the pole is "MADE!" the new guy will be inserted into its respective
twing on the new windward side.

Each sheet will probably need to be about twice the boat length.

This is an end for end jibe and its easier to show than to explain and
easier to explain than to master.

Oh, and the green stripe usually would indicate the starboard side of the
sail but that is just so that the front faces forward and numbers can be
read.  Often sail makers will put red stripes on the port side and a yellow
stripe on the foot.  This also help when packing the sail in a traditional
bag.  Since you have a sock it is less needed.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD