When considering anything other than lead acid wet cells keep in mind that
all of your charging systems (alternator, solar, wind, and shore power)
will need to be properly setup for the alternative technology and
chemistry.  Wet cells aren't perfect but they offer a tremendous value and
make things very easy in terms of compatability.

Josh