From: Indigo via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Indigo <ind...@thethomsons.us>
Sent: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 09:33:04 -0600 (MDT)
Subject: Stus-List Replacing Cabin Sole - 35MkIII

I am just about to start on the project to replace the teak and Holly cabin
sole on Indigo. I have gleaned much info / advice from past postings on this
list, but was wondering if anyone has prepared a "step by step" guide.

Things I need help on!

1) steps to ensure that the Holly lines up exactly for each piece.   I recently
asked, and was told I need 2 pieces of 4' x 8' to complete the job and allow
the lines to match up - but I thought from past postings that 3 pieces are
needed. Can someone who has done a 35mkiii confirm which?

2) best tool(s) to use to cut out the new pieces using the old boards as
templates.  Any tips / techniques to ensure accuracy and minimise damage to new
veneer?

3) I know I should epoxy the underneath (and sides?) of the boards - how many
coats are advised - can the first coat be "thin" to aid penetration into the
plywood?

4) advice on what to use for the top surface - presumably a polyurethane
varnish - preferred brand, number of coats recommended, what finish (matt,
semi-gloss, gloss?)

--
Jonathan
Indigo C&C 35III

The bills have started coming in for the year 2018 and have gone up again.
October will be our fund raising month.  Please consider sending a small
contribution to help keep this list running.  Use PayPal to send contribution
--   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray

All contributions are greatly appreciated!