Jonathan,

I don’t have much to add to what Mike has said but his is pretty good advice.
I’ve replaced the cabin sole on “Ronin” twice. You should need two 4’x8’ pieces
of teak and holly plywood. I suspect that it will be 3/4” just like our 37’. As
Mike said, get your wallet out…

I used a router for the final edging to size. Like Mike, I used a “Skillsaw”
for the long straight edges and a Bosch jig-saw for smaller cuts into corners.
I kept the dimensions at least 1/4” larger than the original flooring layout.

I used the old flooring as a template and router guide, with attendant problems
<http://roninrebuild.blogspot.com/2015/03/week-five-amateur-woodworker.html>
to produce the final product. West System epoxy
<http://roninrebuild.blogspot.com/2015/03/week-six-no-break-in-weather.html>
for sides and backs. The first set that I built lasted about 12-14 years but
moisture will infiltrate over time, especially if the holes for screwing the
flooring in are dry. I used gloss Awlwood for surfacing, finished off with a
standard satin finish varnish. The first time I did this job I finished with a
gloss finish. I decided over time that I preferred satin.

One thing to keep in mind: The original teak and holly that C&C used in my 1982
model was NOT the same as what is currently being sold. The new teak and holly
plywood has wider parallel widths.

One thing is for sure, when you are done it will look tremendous!

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake Bay