Kyle,
I’’eve got a 1977 C&C 26 and the boat came originally with a stove.
I’ve since replaced it with a 2 burner Force 10 propane stove which fitted
right in the hole, almost exactly.
It was located (by C&C) outboard of the sink on the other part of the “L” on
the starboard side. Long side running fore and aft.
I could probably get a pic next time I’m out at the boat.

sam
C&C 26  Liquorice
Ghost Lake Alberta