I’m with Andy (no surprise, it happens pretty often…  :^)   We use our oven
often, just not at the height of summer when it’s too hot both above- and
belowdecks.  We do roasts, baked goods; all sorts of stuff.  I made some killer
chocolate lava cakes a few years back.  In the cooler months, or when out on
Lake Superior with its cold water year round, it helps to take the chill off
the cabin.  And the smell of freshly-baked food is great, too!

— Fred

Fred Street -- Minneapolis

> On Oct 28, 2017, at 12:24 PM, Andrew Burton via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> I use the oven often when cruising. There's nothing like waking up the mate
> with fresh baked muffins or scones in the morning! Even better when we're
> under way!
> And pork tenderloins are relatively quick and easy to make. So is pizza. And
> I just found a great recipe for small potatoes baked with parmesan cheese and
> olive oil--goes great with steak...or the aforementioned pork...and a nice
> bottle of Bordeaux. And the broiler is excellent for toasting bagels. And I
> can't imagine re-heating Chinese food without an oven.
> We don't "camp" aboard when we're cruising. We didn't have an oven and we
> missed it on the first Peregrine, a C&C 27 I grew up cruising on.
>
> Andy
> C&C 40
> Peregrine

The bills have started coming in for the year 2018 and have gone up again.
October will be our fund raising month.  Please consider sending a small
contribution to help keep this list running.  Use PayPal to send contribution
--   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray

All contributions are greatly appreciated!