Chuck,

FWIW, my wife and I have each single handed our 37+ (37/40).  It isn't
"easy" but certainly doable.  I would tell a prospective buyer that they
shouldn't go overboard and expect all the luxuries of land but a few extra
feet will probably not be regretted.  If they made a 44+ I would buy
it....and then dream of the 51'...haha.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+