 Subject: Re: Stus-List Question: Radar reflector vs. active radar
 To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
 Cc: "Frederick G Street" <f...@postaudio.net>
 Date: Friday, February 2, 2018, 10:22 AM

 That’s one
 of the more weird things I’ve heard… radars are
 specifically designed to try to filter out any signals not
 their own.
 Other
 boats might have something like the CARD system aboard to
 pick up other vessels’ radar:
 http://nordkyndesign.com/collision-avoidance-at-sea-ais-alarm-project/
 But
 those systems haven’t been available new for a decade.
  The other type of device that you could have on your
 vessel to help other radar-equipped vessels see you better
 would be an active radar target augmentation system like the
 Echo-Max:
 https://www.echomax.co.uk/radar-target-enhancers-x-band-dual-band.html
 Or a
 Search and Rescue Transponder (SART):
 http://www.offshoreblue.com/safety/sart.php

 — Fred

 Fred Street
 -- Minneapolis
 S/V Oceanis (1979 C&C
 Landfall 38) -- on the hard in Bayfield,
 WI   :^(

 On Feb 2, 2018, at
 11:42 AM, Damian Greene via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>