While you are re-bedding things, if any of the deck penetrations are
through core, be sure to overbore, clean out any rotted core, fill and then
bed.

If anyone is not familiar with this process, search the archives or just
ask.  Many of us on the list are old hands at re-bedding stuff.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA