Hello all,
I am about ready to start trying to repair some water-spotted, worn and dried
out wood in our 1994 C&C 37/40+.  Does anyone know what type of varnish,
lacquer or other treatment was used originally by C&C to finish the interior
woodwork?  I'm talking vertical surfaces, the nav table, etc., and I'd really
like to match the interior look it had when it came out of the showroom so I
don't have to refinish every square inch.
What should I use to remove the existing coating (if I should remove it at
all), and what would you recommend for a new coating?
I've used lemon oil before, but it seems to turn the wood dark over time.
I'm thinking Danish Oil, but I really don't know enough to make an informed
decision.
Thanks for the insights! Bruce Whitmore
(847) 404-5092 (mobile)
bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net