From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Andrew
Burton via CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 10:24 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Andrew Burton
Subject: Re: Stus-List Refinishing interior woodwork (not cabin sole)

Bruce, if you're going to all that work, I would varnish. No oil is going to
last and it leaves the veneer subject to water intrusion, which will stain the
teak.

First, I'd try to clean the old lemon oil off with alcohol, then sand with 180
grip paper, apply a sealer coat (I like Pettit Clear Sealer), allow that to
dry, then apply a coat of Epiphanes Wood Finish Gloss (bring money) for it's
durability and UV resisting properties, Then brush on a coat of Epiphanes
Rubbed Effect varnish, which is a really forgiving finish that gives off a
beautiful lustre.

You can varnish over most teak oils.

Peregrine was done that way before I got her and in the five years I had her
the finish still looked terrific. The only maintenance was a wipe-down with
vinegar and water every now and then.

Andy

Formerly: C&C 40

Peregrine

Now: Baltic 47

Masquerade

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 10:03 AM, Bruce Whitmore via CnC-List