I bought battery operated, LED puck lights at Harbor Freight.  They didn't
last very long.  I replaced them with circular, LED  lights that I bought
from a local marine store.  They are touch sensitive.  Touch once, and they
give you a nice blue light.  Touch again and the light turns white.  Touch
and hold, and they gradually dim or get brighter, depending on how long you
hold the touch.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC