Does anyone know the maximum back stay tension allowed on the C&C
37+.  My problem is the hydraulic back stay adjuster pressure gauge has
failed and I don't even know what the maximum pressure spec allowed is,
anyway.  I'm concerned that at least one owner has had the attachment
points on the transom fail presumably due to excessive tension/pressure.
Frankly, the attachment points don't instill a lot of confidence as there
aren't any backing plate; just a couple of holes drilled in the hull.  I'd
feel more comfortable putting a Loos gauge on the wire and calibrate the
extension of the back stay adjuster to it.  Any thoughts / ideas out there?

Live Slow / Sail Fast,
Gary
S/V Kaylarah
'90 C&C 37+