I think Touche's boom has been raised.  The bracket is attached with
machine screws.  There is a separate pattern of fastener holes below the
bracket which may be the original location.  It appears to have been raised
4-5 inches.

Although I have no way to compare before and after, the boat sails well.

You might consider modifying your mainsail instead.  The leech of Touche's
racing main is too long for us to sail it with the bimini up.  As this sail
ages, I have considered retiring it to cruising service.  I would have my
sail maker shorten the leech to have it clear the bimini.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA