Charles,

The track would be for a staysail and the pole foreguy (downhaul), they may
have been attached to the same car but usually each had their own car on the
track.

Since your spinnaker pole only has one bridle they probably did dip pole
gybes instead of end for end.

If your boat came with bags of old sails one is probably marked Staysail,
Tallboy, Spinnaker Staysail or Lowboy, they were popular in the '70s.

The main rule with a staysail is you gain a knot when you put it up and you
gain a knot when you take it down. J

Who knows, you may even have a Blooper too.

Rick Taillieu

Boatless

Leamington, Ontario