I've said this before but worth repeating.   After I retired from my "real"
job, I started a marine repair business.  Did all sorts of marine repair
from electrical to fiberglass and gelcoat.  My good buddy nearby also
worked on boats.

After Hurricane Katrina there were LOTS of storm damaged boats available
for extremely low prices.  How many did my buddy and I buy?  ZERO!

Unless you are very good at and very much enjoy repairing boats and want to
fix a boat for your own use, stay away!  You will end up working for
$3/hour.  You will also end up with a boat that may carry the stigma of a
damaged vessel.

You will have enough work and expense upgrading a "sail away" boat.  You
don't need to compound the aggravation with a boat that needs a uge amount
of work.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA