The only concern with a position displacement vane pump is that they can
burn up if run without sufficient water - if for example you left it on or
the float stuck.  They are also often relatively high current and low
flow.  The rubber impellers are wear items so planning a replacement
strategy is important.

There are other positive displacement pumps that might achieve the same dry
bilge in a more cost effective way.  Diaphragm pumps come to mind.  Rubber
diaphragms eventually wear out too but some have the advantage of being
able to pass "trash".  These too are relatively low flow and would best be
paired with a high volume emergency pump.

https://www.whalepumps.com/marine/product-application.aspx?Category_ID=10000&FriendlyID=Bilge

Josh