So my bilateral keelbolt bulge is back from water intrusion down the keel
bolt on my 29-2. Two years ago I drilled (hoping to release said water, but
found nothing), hammered, epoxied and painted it flat again. Planning to do
the same thing again. My guess is that the trapped water simply freezes and
expands recreating the bulge and I will have to do this as long as I own
the boat unless I make some major holes/repair. The former seems like an
easier plan. I have slight concern about the bolt eventually getting loose,
but it seems like that might take a while.

Pictures of the bulge at the link below. It is somewhat subtle in the
pictures, but the cracking is the telltale.

Any other thoughts on mitigation? Has anyone made a major repair for this
issue?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hWprkdNXtb8eMo2F8

Thanks,

Gene Fodor