the lead back and let it cured. Seems fine know.

Bruno lachance.

Envoyé de mon iPad

Le 18 avr. 2019 à 21:03, Bill Coleman via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>> a écrit :

Interesting, I was just talking with a friend this afternoon with a C&C36, with
a much bigger bulge than that.
Looks like it is the keel bolt just under the mast. Fellow he has working on it
said he drilled a hole in it, and got at least a quart of water squirting out,
they put a borescope in there, and it is quite a cavern.  Don’t know how
something like this could happen, obviously the Casters were smoking pot that
day.

Bill Coleman
C&C 39 Erie, PA
From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Eugene Fodor
via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2019 11:07 AM
To: cnc-list
Cc: Eugene Fodor
Subject: Stus-List The bulge is back in town

So my bilateral keelbolt bulge is back from water intrusion down the keel bolt
on my 29-2. Two years ago I drilled (hoping to release said water, but found
nothing), hammered, epoxied and painted it flat again. Planning to do the same
thing again. My guess is that the trapped water simply freezes and expands
recreating the bulge and I will have to do this as long as I own the boat
unless I make some major holes/repair. The former seems like an easier plan. I
have slight concern about the bolt eventually getting loose, but it seems like
that might take a while.

Pictures of the bulge at the link below. It is somewhat subtle in the pictures,
but the cracking is the telltale.

Any other thoughts on mitigation? Has anyone made a major repair for this issue?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hWprkdNXtb8eMo2F8

Thanks,

Gene Fodor
Hawk