Thanks, Neil. Offer made subject to sea trial and survey. I am comfortable
doing my own mechanical assessment, as the boat has a VW diesel (custom
marinized, not Pathfinder) which I am more familiar with than any typical
marine mechanic. The other interested party just had a mechanical survey
done, and apparently he was told that it would not be eligible for
commercial insurance, presumably due to the engine not being customized by
a recognized builder. While I realize this is a risk, after speaking with
the previous owner for over an hour, I am confident that I can deal with
any issues. The engine was installed in 1995, rebuilt during a refit in
2003, and has gone over 4000 hrs total as installed, so I think this is a
pretty good testament to the install. Worst case, I drop in a 30hp Beta for
$9K, find a used marine engine for $2-4K, or replace the VW engine for
$1000 or so.

Now I just have to wait to see if the other buyer goes ahead, or if I get a
chance to get the boat.

Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com