Thanks, John. I like the 34, and it's the only C&C designed by Bruce King,
whose designs I really like, in addition to Rob Ball and C&C. But there is
only one near me on the West Coast. It's in Gig Harbour, Wa and the price
is a bit more than our budget at 30K USD, although with a tiller, it might
be a slow seller. Beautiful boat, and the tiller wouldn't bother me at all,
except the cockpit seating is designed for a wheel. I don't know that there
is a C&C model between 29 and 38 that wouldn't be a good fit; it's just
finding one near me at a decent price is the problem.

This 1970 35-1 is interesting, and I will take a look if we go to Vancouver
to see the 29 that is listed at the same broker (not on YW).
https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1970/c-c-35-3530795/?refSource=standard%20listing

I understand the 35-1 is lighter with shorter LWL, rates a tiny bit slower,
but maybe better in light air. The rudder is less effective than the later
blade. Not sure of other differences aside from minor cosmetics.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 4:16 AM John and Maryann Read via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Hi Shawn
>

> Have you considered a C&C34??  Owned ours for 20 years and love it.  Sails
> like a dream.  Easily handled by 2.  Great layout.  Full headroom, enclosed
> head with shower, 3 burner propane stove with oven, large ice box, hot &
> cold pressurized water, full length bunks.  Cruises 4 well including their
> gear.  No generic build or design issues.  There are several on Yachtworld
> attractively priced.  The later hull numbers have a better interior finish
> (475 built).   Of course at this vintage individual condition may vary.
>
> My 2 cents American
>

> John and Maryann
>
> Legacy III
>
> 1982 C&C 34