From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: bwhitm...@sbcglobal.net
Sent: 2019-04-24 7:24:48 AM
Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C 35-2 concerns

Hi Shawn,

Realistically,  I think you should walk away  from that boat.  There are just too many owner modifications that have not been done by someone who knows what they are doing in a marine environment.  Consider finding the right boat, even at a distance in the right condition at the right price, even if you have to have it trucked to you.  You'll end up spending the equivalent cost to move the boat just getting this one in proper shape, and  you'll avoid a lot of heartburn.

When we bought our boat, we knew that the fresh water, propane, and charging system all had issues, the sail covers desperately needed to be replaced, and while kept relatively clean it had basically sat at the dock for years.  However the boat was basically sound, having had a lot of professional upgrades added 8 years earlier.  Two years later, we have a great boat, but our project list has now exceeded 200 individual small projects, we're down to 22 short term and 15 long term (mostly to be done at haulout).  Yet, last weekend I found another where a wire leading out from the battery charger had corroded due to poor installation.  That, in turn is driving me to add a 3rd battery to the house bank while I'm at it...  And, though I enjoy working on my boat, I'm getting a little tired seeing a list with some of the same items still staring at me 24 months in.

There's no way I would intentionally buy a boat that I think might need to be fully rewired.  Good wire and connectors add up more quickly than you think, and that's one of those jobs that will require a LOT gymnastics inside of tight places!

Sorry to be the downer here, but you're asking for opinions...

Bruce Whitmore
1994 C&C 37/40+"Astralis "

Sent from Samsung tablet.