I'd been told by a mechanic, that one shouldn't put 100% synthetic oil in an
old vehicle that had been using regular oil all its life.  The claim was that
it would clean the engine too good and it would start leaking.It's highly
recommended for newer cars of course.I would presume the same would be true for
marine engines, unless the fact that they're diesels would make a
difference???Anyone else ever heard that story and have heard whether it's true
or not?RonWild CheriC&C 30-1 STL