Listers,

Yesterday, I met with an AC installer on the Enterprise to cool off the main
and aft cabin, as well as fight off mold and mildew (as I understand it, the
expectation of growth of mold and mildew in this area is far more reliable
than, say, David Risch actually attending a C&C Rendezvous).

The plan is to sacrifice some of the aft-cabin hanging locker.

Until I haul the boat again, which I don’t plan to do for another four years or
so, I don’t have a dedicated through-hull. I’ve heard it’s not a good idea to
tee off of the engine intake, but there is the galley sink drain nearby. Any
issues with tee-ing off of that one? Obviously, I’d need to refrain from
dumping chemicals into the sink while the AC is running so as those chemicals
don’t go through the AC. Anyone know of any issues with that plan?

Also, I’m a little perplexed as to why tee-ing off the engine intake is so bad.
The AC is 110V AC-powered, so it’s not like I’m going to have the engine
running and the AC going at the same time? Or can I with my 2000-Watt inverter
and high-capacity alternator?

All the best,

Edd

Edd M. Schillay