Ours is under the stairs as well,  with vents forward to the galley area and
aft to the stern berth.  It works well, but feels a little undersized.  We use
the stern berth all the time, and only occasionally have guests in the V.Sent
from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Josh Muckley via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 9/19/19  9:45 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: C&C List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Cc: Josh Muckley <muckl...@gmail.com> Subject: Re:
Stus-List Air Conditioning Installation Questions -- Raw Water Supply 2
installation locations that you may want to consider are under the V-berth and
under the stairs.  Ours is under the stairs.  Blue Pearl had one under the
V-berth.Since I have a Vacu-flush head from the PO it left a thru-hull for the
flush water unused.  That might be and option.  A lot of owners have mixed
feelings about the V-berth sink.  You might consider that as an option too.I
find that our 16,000BTU unit is undersized.  Go as big as possible and look for
variable speed compressor and blower.  Air distribution is a challenge.
Ducting just doesn't fit.I look forward to hearing how your solution works
cause I need to upgrade.Josh Muckley S/V Sea Hawk 1989 C&C 37+Solomons, MD On
Thu, Sep 19, 2019, 9:58 AM Edd Schillay via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:Listers,Yesterday, I met with an AC installer on the Enterprise to cool
off the main and aft cabin, as well as fight off mold and mildew (as I
understand it, the expectation of growth of mold and mildew in this area is far
more reliable than, say, David Risch actually attending a C&C Rendezvous). The
plan is to sacrifice some of the aft-cabin hanging locker. Until I haul the
boat again, which I don’t plan to do for another four years or so, I don’t have
a dedicated through-hull. I’ve heard it’s not a good idea to tee off of the
engine intake, but there is the galley sink drain nearby. Any issues with
tee-ing off of that one? Obviously, I’d need to refrain from dumping chemicals
into the sink while the AC is running so as those chemicals don’t go through
the AC. Anyone know of any issues with that plan?Also, I’m a little perplexed
as to why tee-ing off the engine intake is so bad. The AC is 110V AC-powered,
so it’s not like I’m going to have the engine running and the AC going at the
same time? Or can I with my 2000-Watt inverter and high-capacity alternator?
All the best,EddEdd M. SchillayCaptain of the Starship EnterpriseC&C 37+ | Sail
No: NCC-1701-BVenice Yacht Club | Venice, FLStarship Enterprise's Captain's Log

Thanks everyone for supporting this list with your contributions.  Each and
every one is greatly appreciated.  If you want to support the list - use PayPal
to send contribution --   https://www.paypal.me/stumurray